- Sound System
The Gallery at the St. Norbert Arts Centre is a wonderful setting for formal weddings, bridal and baby showers, children’s parties, art exhibits, family gatherings, meditation and yoga, celebrations, business meetings, and community events.
The 1200 sq.ft. space can host up to 120 people for concert-style seating, and 100 people for a meal, and works exceptionally well for smaller gatherings such as professional retreats. The Gallery can be booked for half-days, full-days, evenings and multi-day events.
The Gallery is located within a beautiful 17,000 square foot turn-of-the-century Guest House. Built by the Trappist monks in 1912, the three-storey French Provincial structure features a stone foundation, mansard roof, hardwood floors, twelve-foot ceilings and dormer windows. The St. Norbert Arts Centre is a Provincially and Municipally designated Heritage site. The facility is minutes from the South perimeter of the city of Winnipeg.
Included with Rental
- Set up and tear-down of tables and chairs
- Onsite staff person to direct and assist.
- Unless otherwise contracted with SNAC, the renter must return room to original state.
- The renter is responsible for arranging catering, obtaining a liquor permit and bartending, and decorating.
- SNAC has chairs to rent: 55 outdoor and 120 indoor
- Things to consider
- SNAC is a multi-use centre that hosts many different groups including the Keepers of the Sanctuary, Sweat Lodges, meditation groups, working artists and community groups. We make sure to respect the integrity of the space and spirit as we engage in our activities.
- We do venue rentals, not catering or planning, and you are free to hire any caterer or to provide your own food. There is both a kitchenette with fridge, microwave and convection oven and an outdoor commercial kitchen on site for food preparation and storage.
- Client is responsible for ensuring caterer has current valid Food Permit.
- We encourage sustainable practices by asking you to use rented or compostable dishes and decor.
- Yes! The Steinway grand piano is part of every rental. Just let us know you’d like to use it.
- Alcohol is allowed; however, we do NOT provide bartenders or any part of the liquor service, and you will need to purchase your own permit.
- NO CANDLES IN THE GALLERY! Our smoke alarm is meant to protect this beautiful heritage building and is extremely sensitive. You don’t want your celebration rudely interrupted and your guests standing outside while the fire department completes their inspection!
- There are many beautiful walks through the forests, gardens, and the Ruins themselves, and lovely, hidden gathering circles along the way. A magical part of any event at SNAC!