- Sound System
The St. Norbert Arts Centre is surrounded on three sides by the La Salle River, a mature deciduous forest, a fruit orchard, several vegetable and flower gardens and the Ruins which are the extraordinary remains of the tyndall stone chapel and monastery.
Our Outdoor Events Space is the perfect place to host an outdoor wedding or event. We have hosted upwards of 150 people in concert-style seating, and more for informal gatherings.
Included with Rental
- Tables and chairs (55 outdoor, 100 indoor; additional chairs can be rented from outside).
- Onsite staff person to direct and assist.
- Unless otherwise contracted with SNAC, the renter is responsible for all set up and cleanup of chairs and tables and must return room to original state.
- The renter is responsible for arranging catering, obtaining a liquor permit and bartending, and decorating.
- Things to consider
- SNAC is a multi-use centre that hosts many different groups including the Keepers of the Sanctuary, Sweat Lodges, meditation groups, working artists and community groups. We make sure to respect space and spirit as we engage in our activities, and it is for that reason that we limit late night events. Most week night bookings end at 10pm, and weekend (including weddings) at 11pm, with one additional hour for clean-up.
- We do venue rentals, not catering or planning, and you are free to hire any caterer or to provide your own food. There is a small seperate kitchen on site for basic food prep and storage.
- We encourage sustainable practices by asking you to use rented or compostable dishes and decor.
- Yes! The Steinway grand piano is part of every rental. Just let us know you’d like to use it.
- Alcohol is allowed; however, we do NOT provide bartenders or any part of the liquor service, and you will need to purchase your own permit.
- NO CANDLES IN THE GALLERY! Our smoke alarm is meant to protect this beautiful heritage building and is extremely sensitive. You don’t want your celebration rudely interrupted and your guests standing outside while the fire department complete their inspection!
- There are many beautiful walks through the forests, gardens, and the Ruins themselves, and lovely, hidden gathering circles along the way. A magical part of any event at SNAC!